YMCA Personal Trainers are committed to helping you improve your physical fitness, health, and overall quality of life. Through one on one encouragement and guidance, our Personal Trainers help you to determine and achieve your personal fitness goals, and aid in the development of your very own personal program. Each session is one hour in length and scheduled at your convenience.
How can I benefit from Personal Training at the YMCA?
Working with one of our Certified Personal Trainers you can:
- learn healthy workout patterns if you are beginning, or returning to regular exercise
- learn new techniques and training programs that allow you to advance to a new level of fitness
- maximize your workout time, by having-an effective program planned by your Trainer
- achieve specific fitness and health goals
Your YMCA Personal Trainer will:
- supervise each repetition of each exercise, and give you ongoing feedback to maximize the effectiveness of your workout
- teach you exercises which will best meet your fitness goals
- teach you correct form for each exercise, and show you modifications to suit your individual body type
- help you establish realistic goals, continually adjusting your workout to keep pace with your changing needs
- work with your physician and physical therapist where needed to help you recover from injury and make a smooth transition from rehabilitation treatment to regular workouts
Motivation & Coaching We all perform better when we're working with another person; especially someone who wants us to excel.
Your Personal Trainer can:
- help you find the motivation to enjoy working out regularly
- help you motivate yourself to put that little bit more into your workouts, within safe limitations
- help you develop and stay focused on your objectives
- help you enjoy your workouts by adding balance and variety
Customized Results Depending on your personal goals, your Personal Trainer can:
- help you develop the knowledge and confidence to work out regularly on your own
- help you decrease your body fat
- help you improve your performance in a sport with sport specific training
- help you get into condition for a seasonal sport.
Personalized Programs Becoming involved with a YMCA Personal Trainer is ideal way for you to focus on:
- Weight Loss
- Strenght Training
- Core Stability
- Aerobic Endurance
- Cardiac Rehab
- Perfect Posture
- Injury Rehab
- Nutritional Planning
- Balance & Coordination
- Post Surgery
- Sport Specific
- Pre/Post Natal
For more information regarding personal training, visit one of our six membership branches for pricing and availability. St. Catharines | Welland/Pelham | Niagara Falls | Fort Erie | Grimsby/West Lincoln | Port Colborne
Personal Training is one-on-one sessions with a qualified, caring fitness trainer who customizes a training program and provides constant motivation, education and guidance.
Fees: Three sessions - $120 + HST
Ten sessions - $375 + HST
To register, visit the Membership Desk.
You are here: Health & Fitness > Welland / Pelham > Personal Training