The YMCA Newcomer Information Centre (NIC) is the first stop for all newcomers to the Niagara Region.
The YMCA Newcomer Information Centres (NIC) are located in St. Catharines and Niagara Falls. We have friendly multilingual staff to provide you up-to- date information and refer you to various programs throughout the Niagara Region. You as an immigrant, will receive an orientation to our services and workshops on topics related to your settlement needs.
All services provided are FREE. You are welcome to use computers, photocopiers, printers and telephones. We can help you with information and workshops on:
- Housing and Shelters
- Education and Credentials Assessment
- Language assessment and classes
- Immigration and citizenship
- Community and Recreation
- Child, Youth and Family Resources
- Legal and Social Services
- Essential Government Documents and Benefits
- Personal Finance and Income Tax and more…
Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines
Welland Heritage Council & Multicultural Centre
Fort Erie Multicultural Centre
World Education Services