YMCA Winter Holiday Camp is for the participant who likes to try it all! At Winter Holiday Camp, participants have the opportunity to explore the wonderful world of day camp through songs, cooperative games, sports, active games, arts and crafts, outdoor activities and more. Each day is programmed around a different theme that allows campers to have a unique and exciting camp experience. Campers 7 years of age and older will also enjoy swimming as part of their daily program.
Hours of Operation
The camp day operates from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For your convenience, drop off at each camp site begins at 8:00 a.m.and pick up ends at 5:00 p.m. for no additional fee. For care before or after these times, Extended Care must be selected at an additional fee.
This fun, safe and supervised program is available at all YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics Centres for an additional fee.
AM: 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Cost: $3.40/day
PM: 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. Cost: $4.40/day
Sign Out – Identification Required
Identification is required at sign out. Parents/guardians or other authorized pick-ups will be asked to present valid government issued photo identification without exception at sign out.
- YMCA Day Camp registrations must be completed on-line at ymcadaycamp.ca.
- Visa or Mastercard credit, debit or prepaid card payments are required at the time of registration.
- If you require assistance with your registration, please contact the Day Camp Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 934-9755 ext. 280.
- A minimum deposit of $5 per camp day booked is required at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
- For your convenience, the balance of the fees may be spread out through pre-authorized Visa or Mastercard credit, debit or prepaid card payments.
- All camp fees must be paid by December 10, 2018. Registrations received after December 10 must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Registrations will be accepted until the camp is full or 24 hours before the camp is scheduled to begin.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Requests for refunds made up to and including December 10, 2018 will be issued within 14 business days. Refund requests can be made by contacting the YMCA Day Camp office at email@example.com.
- Camp fees are non-refundable after December 10, 2018. Exceptions may be considered for confirmed medical reasons with proper documentation.
- Refunds will not be given if a camper is sent home for misconduct or if they are ill.
Licensed Child Care
We offer YMCA Licensed Child Care for 3 and 4 year olds (3 year olds must be born in 2014) over the winter holiday period at the following locations:
- St Catharines – Grapeview Public School, 905-682-9455
- Niagara Falls – Kate S. Durdan Public and Loretto Catholic Schools, 905-354-4555
- Welland/Pelham – Father Fogarty Centre, 905-788-3505
- Niagara West – Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School, 905-309-2219
For more information or to register, please contact the centre directly.
Code of Conduct
YMCA of Niagara Day Camp staff use a positive, values based approach to guide appropriate behaviours and to encourage and reinforce positive behaviours. Campers are expected to follow YMCA Day Camp behaviour guidelines and to interact appropriately with their fellow campers, staff and volunteers. Our goal is for each camper to have a positive and memorable experience. In order to achieve this, the safety of each camper is of the utmost importance. Parent/guardian(s) and campers must recognize a personal responsibility to learn and follow safety and other rules established by the YMCA. All campers are expected to follow the YMCA behaviour guidelines, and to interact in a positive and appropriate manner with their fellow campers, staff, and other members of the YMCA Day Camp community. Behaviour (including but not limited to: harassment; verbal threats; physical behaviour; bullying; etc.) that negatively impacts others physically or emotionally will result in immediate dismissal or removal from camp at the discretion of the YMCA of Niagara. Campers may also be removed from camp as a result of behaviour that places themselves at risk. Refunds will not be granted for dismissal prior to the end of the camp day or week.
Behaviour Guidelines All campers:
- are responsible for their actions, choices and words;
- will respect each other and their environment;
- should be honest and true to their word;
- will care for themselves and those around them;
- will make healthy and safe choices; and
- will value diversity and seek to include others.