The YMCA of Niagara is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience. The following age restriction admission criteria for under 10 years of age are based on Public Health requirements.
Under 6 years
- Must be directly supervised by an adult/guardian (min 13 years of age) in the water within arms reach.
- Maximum 2:1 ratio
- All children not fully toilet trained must wear specialty swim diapers or rubber pants.
Under 10 years
- If able to successfully demonstrate comfort in the water and complete the facility swim test [2 widths uninterrupted], children may swim independently.
- If not able to successfully complete the facility swim test, children must be accompanied by an adult/guardian (min 13 years) in the water in the same area of the pool.
- Maximum 4:1 ratio
- All swimmers under age 16 must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian (min 16 years of age).
- Age restriction criteria apply.
- Is for swimmers 13 years and older.
- All swimmers with a serious medical condition should inform the lifeguard on duty.
Family & Open Swim
- Family swim allows parents and their children the opportunity to enjoy the pool together.
Leisure pool spray features will be available during family times. Open Swim is available for non-members for a fee. For a complete listing of current Family and Open swim times available, visit one of our membership branches or check one of our current schedules.