Kick Start Your Health Goals!
Kick Start registration opens December 4th, 2017 at 12:00 pm online and in person. The winter programs will start the week of January 8th, 2018 What is YMCA Kick Start? Kick Start is a 12 week fitness and nutrition program included in a YMCA of Niagara membership. The YMCA Kick Start program helps members move towards achieving their health, fitness and nutrition goals, supported by Niagara Region Public Health. This signature program will help members take the first steps towards building a healthy lifestyle, refreshing their routine, or trying something new.
What People Are Saying About Kick Start
“My confidence escalated as Brandon, our YMCA coach, accompanied us to our first group power class that I’d previously been too nervous to attend. After completing the first one, I was hooked. Now I think nothing of completing a workout on my own or in a class setting. My eating habits changed, I’ve lost weight and despite a hectic schedule, I make fitness a priority. YMCA Kick Start is exactly what I needed to get started on a path to better health.”
– Mary-Lou Slobodian
5 Program Components
More about Kick Start
- A progressive 12-week program, facilitated in a small group setting (max of 10 members per group).
- 90-minute sessions, once per week including both nutrition and physical activity.
- The first session will be an additional 30 minutes, to allow additional time for goal setting and relationship building.
- Accountability to participate in physical activity a minimum of one additional time per week at the Y.
- Weekly support and leadership from a YMCA Fitness Coach.
- A structured physical activity program focused on functional movements and goal setting. • Resources to help develop, nurture and sustain your progress.
- Check-ins upon program completion, to assist in sustainability of behaviours developed during the 12 week program.
- Open to all YMCA of Niagara members 16 years of age and older.
- Each member is limited to one full Kick Start program (physical activity and nutrition).
- Members are able to sign up for a Kick Start program at a different YMCA of Niagara branch if the dates/times at their home branch do not work for them.
- Participants must give the YMCA of Niagara permission to contact them via email for the duration of the program.
- The Kick Start program is supported by Niagara Region Public Health
Kick Start participants will have the opportunity to:
- Establish a network of social support at the YMCA
- Receiving ongoing feedback, goal setting and coaching from trained fitness professionals
- Develop behaviours that promote long-term healthy living
* Please note, to sign up for Kick Start you will need to be a registered YMCA member.